Watch how quick activation is with the new flow:
What are the benefits?
- You’ll spend much less time on activation, reissue and renewal. You will be able to complete the process easily in less than a half of a minute.
- No need to generate the private key and CSR prior to activation; have the codes generated in the background within your browser.
- We’ve made it easier to submit your own CSR.
- We now show you the commands you may execute on your server to generate the CSR for the specified hostname.
- Now only one field is required in CSR: common name. The other fields are now optional.
We have released the flow for Single-Domain and Wildcard certificates (PositiveSSL, EssentialSSL, PositiveSSL Wildcard, EssentialSSL Wildcard, InstantSSL, InstantSSL Pro, PremiumSSL, PremiumSSL Wildcard, EV SSL). The support for the rest certificates is coming soon!
- Is it safe to have the private key generated like that?
- What are the specs of the private key that is being generated in browser?
The private key is 2048-bit RSA.
- Is this feature supported in all browsers?
Yes, all browsers except Internet Explorer.
- Can I use ECDSA or 4096-bit RSA key?
Yes, you will need to create it yourself and use the ‘create it on your server’ option during the activation process.